Due to the recent events of the global COVID-19 pandemic, Industrial Safety Training (IST) has been working towards providing safety training to our employers and students.
Last week Industrial Safety Training provided safety training to one of our customers through Zoom. In order to keep our students and staff safe this will be how IST continues to offer training through this crisis.
Training will include IST’s annual training, PEC, OSHA, and MSHA. IST has received approval to offer governing agencies classes and or approved curriculum in which certain criteria guidelines have been set. In order for training to take place, IST will require 48-hour notice.
Due to the requirements of governing agencies, IST will ask that all customers who need training have the following:
- An e-mail address to accept training through Zoom
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and audio (NO audio only participants will be allowed. Smartphones are not acceptable)
- You agree to share video for the duration of the training
- Be sure the background shown during the video conferencing is appropriate.
- Have access to a private, quiet, well-lit workspace for training
- Have reliable internet access.
- Some testing will be via digital test. Smartphones are acceptable for testing but not for class attendance.
- Students or companies will receive handouts or workbooks prior to class via e-mail.
- Email a copy of your government-issued photo ID and a recent picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to class using following guidelines:
- Your photo must be a clear image of ONLY you (not blurry, grainy, or fuzzy)
- Picture should be taken in front of a plain blue or white background in a well-lit area
- You should not wear dark glasses or anything on your head
- The photo must be a full face-and-shoulders shot, squarely facing the camera.