We’re Open For Business!! In order to reopen, we’ve had to institute several new safety and social distancing policies. General Building Guidelines will be followed.
Additional Guidelines For HiSET Testing:
- HiSET testing will be allowed on a limited basis.
- Only two testing computers will be allowed per day, with a max of 2 people per room with social distancing guidelines followed.
- Testers will be required to wear face coverings and checked for symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath and body aches) prior to entering the room.
- There will be both a clean and dirty basket for all equipment used, and the dirty equipment will need to be sanitized prior to re-use.
- Computers stations will be rotated each day so proper cleaning can be ensured.
- It is the proctor’s duty to make sure all equipment is sanitized and ready for the next use.
- Out-of-state testers will be allowed if the test is work or school-related and must follow general building requirements.
- If there is any sign or symptom of sickness, the tester will not be allowed to test and will have to reschedule.
- Proctors and testers must use face-coverings.
Wyoming High School Equivalency Certificate
What are the High School Equivalency Tests?
Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 offers GED® Testing through Pearson VUE, and the HiSet Testing through ETS to determine eligibility for earning the Wyoming High School Equivalency Certificate.
These tests measure a person’s knowledge and academic skills against those of today’s traditional high school graduates. Each year more than 860,000 adults worldwide take these tests to earn their High School Equivalency Certificate to help them obtain a better job, continue their education, or for personal fulfillment.
More than 96% of U. S. employers consider state High School Equivalency Certificate’s the same as traditional high school graduates in regards to employment, salary, and opportunity for advancement. Also, 95% of U.S. colleges and universities accept students with a High School Equivalency Certificate who meet their qualifications for admission.
The tests cover a wide range of topics and consists of five different sections: Math, Reading, Writing, Science, and Social Studies.
All tests are considered equal by: JobCorp, College Financial Aid, U.S. Military and Employers!
Who is eligible to take the High School Equivalency tests?
To be eligible to take the tests you can NOT be enrolled in or have already graduated from a high school. You must also be at least 18 years of age. However, students can apply for an age waiver to take the tests if they are at least 16 years of age.
Although not a requirement- It is to your advantage to enroll with Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 College and Career Readiness Center, to complete Official Practice Tests and test preparation. The College and Career Readiness Center will help you determine when you are ready to take the tests. They provide instruction and directed study to help you prepare. There is no cost for test preparation at Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center.
NOTICE: As of January 1, 2019 the cost of HiSet testing will be $15.25 per individual test. There are 5 tests students must take to receive their Wyoming High School Equivalency Certificate. GED® Testing is $30 per individual test, and there are 4 tests students must take to receive their Wyoming High School Equivalency Certificate.