We’re Open For Business!! In order to reopen, we’ve had to institute several new safety and social distancing policies. General Building Guidelines will be followed.
Additional Guidelines For TABE Testing:
- Only 1 student at a time may be testing. The main floor testing room will be used.
- TABE does not require any documentation be done by the proctor.
- Test, scratch paper, pen, pencil and calculator, if needed, will be placed in the test room prior to the student entering.
- Student will need to leave their cell phone in a basket before entering the room. A basket will be provided for cell phones. Only the student will have contact with the cell phone.
- Once the student completes, they will leave their materials in the room, gather their cell phone, and exit the building.
- Students are permitted bathroom breaks.
- Students may bring water during testing and a snack if they have a medical need.
- The proctor will wear protective gear (face mask, gloves) when entering room to gather materials after a test.
- Once the student exits- staff will disinfect any and all surfaces student came into contact with including pen, pencil, calculator, desk, and chair. Test materials will be placed in an envelope and placed in Diane’s box upstairs for grading at a later date.
- If bathrooms were used, cleaning staff will be notified to clean before the next test appointment.
Testing for TABE / POST / CLEP
TABE Testing (for potential employees)
Is your company looking for qualified employees?
Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) might be what you are looking for. For the last 50 years, the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) has been a respected assessment tool for use in adult education.
With TABE, you can select the components
- language mechanics,
to match the needs of potential employees. TABE assessments measure basic academic skills commonly taught in high school.
TABE is continually changing assessments to reflect current job market demands and the skills that today’s employer’s require. Each assessment is offered through Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 at $10 per test.
The Evanston Police Department has asked that individuals seeking employment with their office take the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) tests.
POST tests are geared towards individuals entering law enforcement and measures individuals reading, writing, essay and mathematical skills. The tests are through Standard and Associates, Inc. and given online.
Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 offers these tests at $45. All four tests are combined into one testing session and can’t be taken individually
Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 administers CLEP tests for Western Wyoming Community College, Evanston Campus. Test candidates purchase a voucher for the test(s) they want directly from CLEP (clep.collegeboard.org) at a cost of $85 per test. Test candidates choose the college they want their test results sent to at the time of voucher purchase. It is the responsibility of the test candidate to determine what that college’s policy is on CLEP credit.
Purchasing a voucher does not schedule a test. Test candidates make an appointment to take the CLEP test in Evanston directly with the Testing Department of Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1. Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 charges a separate $15 test administration fee.
The College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) has been the most widely trusted credit-by-examination program for over 50 years, accepted by 2,900 colleges and universities and administered in more than 2,000 test centers. This rigorous program allows students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material and earn college credit. Students can earn credit for what they already know by getting qualifying scores on any of the 34 examinations.
While CLEP is sponsored by the College Board, only colleges may grant credit toward a degree. Not all colleges have the same CLEP policies—some colleges accept credit for a few exams, while others accept credit for all of them. A college often grants the same amount of credit to a student who earns satisfactory scores on a CLEP exam as it does for a student who successfully completes the related course.
For More Information Contact
$10 per test
$45 per test session. Sessions cover all 4 subject areas.
$85 / Test
A separate $15 test administration fee will be charged.