CoVID-19 Update: High School Dual Enrollment& Concurrent Classes are currently suspended. More information will become available once normal High School classes resume. Email Heidi Currutt for more details.
High School Dual Enrollment & Concurrent Classes
Evanston High School or Horizon High School students that are 16 years of age or older may register for college classes through Western Wyoming Community College Evanton Outreach.
Concurrent Enrollment Classes:
Concurrent enrollment classes are taught at the high schools. Students registered for concurrent classes receive both college and high school credit. Concurrent enrollment students pay no tuition or textbook fees and classes follow the UCSD #1 calendar.
To be eligible for concurrent enrollment, students must be at least 16 years of age. There are ACT and COMPASS test score requirements that vary based on the class you are taking.
Please check with your high school counselor for more information on concurrent enrollment classes.
Dual Credit Classes:
High school students that meet the age and placement testing requirements may register for college classes taught at Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 and receive both high school and college credit.
High School Advanced Placement (AP) Classes:
Evanston High School offers a number of Advanced Placement classes that do not automatically qualify students for college credit upon successful completion of the class.
Near the end of an AP class, students that registered and paid in advance are given the opportunity to take a nationally standardized test. College credit is awarded based on each student’s test score.
Things to consider before enrolling for Dual Credit or Concurrent classes.
- Do I meet the age and academic requirements?
- Do I understand that the grade I earn will go on my permanent college transcript?
- Have I checked with the colleges I plan to attend upon High School graduation to determine their policy for transferring concurrent enrollment credit?
- Should I visit with a college advisor before making a decision to enroll for concurrent or dual credit classes?
- If “Yes”, contact Allen Calmes at (307)789-0519