Evanston Ready to Work Program: Families Becoming Independent
What is Ready To Work?
Click here to download the Ready to Work Brochure
Ready To Work is a 3-part program designed to help Evanston families become independent thru:
- A period of Life Skills and Job Skills Training, followed by
- A period of Employment Training, and
- A period of on-the-job training and employment with a local employer
How Do I Qualify?
- Be a Parent or Guardian of a Minor Child
- Be a Wyoming Resident
- Provide Proof that You are Legally Able to Work in the United States
- Meet Income Requirements
- Be Ready to Start Working Once Program is Completed
What Does the Program Include?
Life Skills Training
- Counseling and Other Services As Needed
Job Skills Training
- Application and Resume Skills
- Interview Skills
- Workplace Ethics
- Job Search Skills
- Employment Preparation
Employment Training through Either:
- Western Wyoming Community College Certified Nursing Assistant Program
- Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Microsoft Office Specialist Program
- Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Quickbooks Certification Program
- Western Wyoming Community College Substitute Teacher Certification
On-the-Job Training and Employment
- Placement with a local employer for two months as either a C.N.A., Substitute teacher or Office Specialist
- Ongoing Contact and Support Following Program Completion
How Do I Get Started?
Contact Sheila McGuire at the Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center to make an appointment and find out if this program is right for you! Initial application and screening are required.
Phone: 307-789-5742, Ext. 127
Services provided in cooperation with a grant funded by the Wyoming Department of Family Sevices.