|We only accept applications for posted vacant positions.
Download a printable job application form
Facilities Specialist I
Job Title: Facilities Specialist I
Reports To: Facilities Specialist III
Location: Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center, 1013 W Cheyenne Dr. Evanston, WY
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Hours: Substitute; as needed
Closing Date: Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center reserves the right to hire the most qualified candidate available at any time. Open until filled.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Keeps premises of facility, to include inside and outside, in clean, working and orderly condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Specific tasks may or may not be assigned to correspond with area of responsibility)
• Participates in a daily work schedule of building and grounds maintenance and cleaning.
• Vacuums, mops and cleans flooring.
• Cleans, sanitizes, services, and restocks restrooms.
• Cleans and sanitizes drinking fountains and other furniture and fixtures.
• Washes windows, frames, walls and fixtures.
• Empties waste and sanitary receptacles.
• Cleans and fills all dispensers.
• Replaces light bulbs as needed.
• Cleans, sanitizes and dusts furniture, fixtures and equipment as directed.
• Operates physical plant equipment as needed.
• Performs snow removal when required.
• Provides assistance to building staff members on request.
• Opens, closes and secures building.
• Painting or other maintenance duties as directed.
• Uses custodial supplies and chemicals in a safe manner.
• Performs minor maintenance and repair to areas and small appliances and equipment
• The ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs. on a regular basis with a full range of motion.
• Other related duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Strong work record
• Positive Attendance Record
• Positive Safety Record
• Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
• Ability to work effectively with students, staff, supervisors and fellow custodians
• Knowledge and training regarding basic cleaning procedures
• Training in Blood Borne pathogens and MSDS (employer will provide)
• Ability and willingness to work late evenings and early mornings
• Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs. on a regular basis with a full range of motion.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Varies in/out door environments; regular exposure to adverse weather conditions, humidity, dust, fumes, noise and confined or high spaces; subject to power/manual tool, mechanical, chemical and electrical hazards.
Interested candidates should contact the office of Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center, 1013 W Cheyenne Dr., Evanston, WY, (307) 789-5742 to begin the application process.
Click here for a printable job description
Click here for a notification to hire document